Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Worst Thing that Never Happened to Me...

Meet Troy Davis:



I felt like I chose to get involved too late... On Sunday September 18, 2011 I caught wind of the Troy Davis story and suddenly my life changed. I don't know if he is innocent, but I do know that he is being wrongly executed. Most believe that the victim in this case was the policeman that was killed, but because Troy is a BLACK man charged with killing a WHITE cop...someone has to die for it. Witnesses and evidence prove that there is #TOOMUCHDOUBT in this case.

I guess the reason I am so emotionally attached to this case is because of the thoughts running through my mind. He could be my brother, father, uncle, cousin, or friend. He was not tried fairly and was never given a chance to live, but always expected to die. 

Today I feel like I am losing someone close to me. I can't eat, sleep, or even stay at peace. I put myself in his shoes and wonder if I could stay faithful sitting in prison for a crime I didn't commit. I am literally sick...but Troy is reported to be upbeat and hopeful. 

As I prayed for him, I asked God to let his will be done and just allow his supporters to be accepting. I plead with God to touch the minds and hearts of everyone involved. My prayer was asking God to reveal himself as a miracle worker. I know that whether Troy lives or dies, God is still going to get the glory out of this situation.
Troy is supposed to be executed at 7pm but God is just powerful enough to turn things around at 6:59....

 If you are reading this on September 21, 2011 and Troy Davis is still alive, join me in prayer and desperation for justice to be served.

No comments:

Post a Comment